Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Balboa Island

So all of these years growing up in So Cal and I had never actually been on Balboa Island. My neighbor used to live there and grew up in the area and goes often with her little boy Ian. So a couple of weeks ago we packed it up and went. I really didn't figure there would be too much to do there but it was a great way to spend a Friday morning. We were there at least 4 hours.

We started out with a walk around the island. Well half of the island. Emma and Ian needed out of the strollers so we let them go for it. Aren't they so cute?
We rode the Ferry Boat. We just went back and forth. They loved it.
Stopped and rode the horse at the General Store. This little store is pretty cool. It's really more of a toy store with lots of cool stuff.




We had to stop and look at the fire truck. Emma doesn't know too much about princesses but she sure can tell you about fire trucks, ambulances, police cars and tractors. She hangs out with Ian way too much:)



Lastly, we hit the beach for some water play. As you can see we just let them go for it. Ian is a fish. Emma is a little hesitant. She kept asking Ian to fill her bucket up.





Cameron loves the sand. As you can see he is being held back. He almost rolled into the water a couple of times. I think he'll be a fish soon enough.

We had a great time on the island. So if you're lookin for something to do for a few hours, you should check it out. Oh ya I forgot, we packed our lunches and ate at crab point. I think I was too busy feeding the kids to take pictures of the crabs.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Balboa Island looks so fun, I'm excited for you to take the kids and me there! Plus I think we need one of those launch rockets from the general store that Emma and Ian have.

Ted and Amanda said...

I always forget about that area. Looks like ya'll had a blast!