Saturday, March 7, 2009

Funny Little Story

So in the car yesterday Emma and I had a funny little conversation as follows...

Emma: "Mom, I said crap."
Me: "What?"
E: "I said crap"
M: "Well why did you say that?"
E: "I'm frustrated, I can't tie my shoe."

I thought that was pretty funny. I'm not sure how she linked being frustrated with using the word crap:) She probably learned by example. Oops. Not like that is so bad but when I was done laughing I told her we probably shouldn't use that word because it was such a nice one. Then later I was telling Jeff that Cameron ate crap all day and Emma politely reminded me that we are not to use that word. Why is it that some things really stick with only telling them once but the other things like picking up or stop pushing your brother don't register?

3 comments:

AZ Powells said...

yea - that is funny!!! I agree - they only catch on to what they want - maybe you should say don't lap the crap out of your brother...that might register!!!

Nacho said...

Seriously. Tonight I almost caught our new microwave on fire. (Who knew there was metal on the peanut butter jar?? I said a not so good word that made Noah cry! oops! It just came out! There was 4 inches of fire in the micro!

Deb said...

Kids say the darndest things. Porter makes me laugh everyday and it is not so much what he says but his voice or tone that he uses. I love it!