Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cabbage Patch

So I dug out my Cabbage Patch dolls the other day at my Mom and Dad's. Do any of you remember the craze??? I remember the Christmas I got my first one. Camilla Frieda is her name. I know my Mom went nuts trying to track down 4 that year. I think she ended up with 6 and ended up having to sell 2. Anyway, I've been wanting to do this because Emmalyn is in love with her little premie doll she got last year for Christmas and I thought she would like mine.

I guess you could say I was right. She loves them!!! She carried all 3 around until bedtime. She watched T.V. with them and even tucked all 3 into bed. But then Monday I insisted they have a bath. They were dirty and dusty, so we bathed them in a bucket and the picture below is how we dried them. I thought it was kinda funny. Emma is so obessed with the dolls that we had to go check on them a few times yesterday and again today to see if they were dry yet. Well, they are officially dry but now I am holding them hostage until Emma can get her act together and go to the toilet. She doesn't know they're dry yet so I am expecting a bit of a melt down tomorrow when she sees them up on the shelf and can't have them. So sad:( But I gotta hold something over her, right?


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Collette said...

Aren't those dolls the best thing ever. I still have mine some where in my mom's attic. The 'drying out' picture is too funny!

Brian and Lindsay Holmstrom said...

Haha! That is so funny! I dont blame her though, I loved my cabbage patch dolls and would be devistated to see them hung from the ceiling! Haha what a fun mom you are!

Mandy said...

How cute is that picture of Emmalyn and her cabbage patch kids! I love all of the pictures you posted. It makes me feel that I'm not too far away from all the fun. I think you are right to hold something over her head so she'll go potty. Best of luck!! I wish kids came potty trained, life would be so much easier, but maybe not as entertaining. :o)

Amber said...

I tagged you. Go to my BLOG.